Public Relations Professional * Birmingham, Alabama
205.516.8103 * firstname.lastname@example.org
I get to help write and tell stories everyday.
At the University of Alabama I studied economics and environmental studies. While pursuing my degrees I had the opportunity to spend a semester studying in the field in the Grand Canyon, as well as multiple international trips. While in school I also was privileged to serve as the state chair for the College Republicans Federation of Alabama.
After earning a BS in Environmental Studies and BA in Economics I've been practicing an exciting public relations career. I love working with a dynamic team, as we tell stories for a wide range of organizations and causes.
Account Executive, Direct Communications; July 2015- Present
Account Coordinator, Direct Communications; August 2014- July 2015
• Work with a range of organizations, businesses, and nonprofits to place earned media stories in newspapers, television, and radio news outlets.
• Draft and edit press releases, letters to the editors, opinion pieces, social media content and other special letters and materials.
• Pitch stories to various media outlets.
• Assist in event planning and press conference coordination; including logistical coordination, drafting talking points, invitations to key influencers and media.
• Coalition building on the grassroots and grass tops around the state for numerous interests and issues.
• Assist in strategic planning and messaging for legislative issues impacting Alabama.
Trip Leader, SOAR Camp, North Carolina & Florida; Summer 2012
• I was responsible for the safety and health of up to ten students with learning disabilities during outdoor adventure trips.
Media and Government Relations Representative, ProctorU; January 2015- July 2014
• Assisted in public relations campaigns to national and local media outlets, securing over three dozen published articles, including many interviews on radio and podcasts for C suite executives.
• Monitored traditional and social media outlets to provide insights into the online education market.
• Worked closely with ProctorU’s DC lobbying firm in strategy and messaging on federal issues impacting online education and online security.
• Monitored legislative sessions and tracked bills in multiple states.
• Lobbied Alabama and Florida legislatures in the 2013 session.
• Assisted in special research projects and event planning.
• Served as ProctorU's representative for chambers of commerce and other community events.
Public Affairs Representative & Online Test Proctor, ProctorU; August 2013- December 2013
• Assisted with public relations campaigns for national, local, education and trade publications.
• Wrote, distributed and pitched press releases.
• Built and maintained relationships with reporters, bloggers, journalists and key influencers in online education.
• Researched online education policy, competitors' marketing campaigns and media coverage of online education.
• Proctored online tests for students around the country via webcam and screen sharing technology.
• Provided customer service and prompt technical support for online test takers.
Sale Associate, Twice As Nice, Tuscaloosa, AL; January-April 2012
• Sorted clothing for consignment and donations
• Priced and tagged items
• Restocked clothing racks
Water Ski Instructor/ Lifeguard, Camp Echo, New York; Summer 2011
• I oversaw the safety of dozens of children on a daily basis at their trips to the lake.
Bachelors of Arts
• University of Alabama 2013
Bachelors of Science
• Interdisciplinary Studies, focus- Environmental Studies
• University of Alabama 2013
• Phi Sigma Pi Honors fraternity
• Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars
• Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
• Honors College member
Activities & Community Involvement
• Young Republicans Federation of Alabama, District 7 Chair; April 2013-present
• Greater Birmingham Young Republicans, State Committeewoman; November 2014- November 2015
• Jefferson County Republican Executive Committee, District 56 Representative; November 2014- present
• College Republicans Federation of Alabama, State Chair; April 2013- March 2014
• Pi Beta Phi social sorority
• University of Alabama College Republicans- President 2013,Vice President 2012-13, Recruitment officer 2011
• Writer, The Odyssey Student Newspaper 12-13
• SGA; Assistant Director of Programming 2012-2013
• Greek Orthodox Christian Fellowship
• Phi Sigma Pi- Public Relations Chair
• International Relations Club
• Model United Nations
• Creative Campus Intern 2010-2011
• Freshman Forum- Chair of Global and Diversity Committee 2009-10
• Freshman Forum Advisor
• Basic front end web design
• Proficient on WordPress
• Proficient on GoDaddy website builder
Basic and Advanced Computer Skills
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Powerpoint
• Prezi, online presentations
• Canva, online graphic design
• Video editing with Apple iMovie